Best Vegan Chocolate Fudge
These chocolate fudge are a healthy version of the fudges that I once knew as a kid and learnt to stay away from because they were too high in sugar and fat! They are dairy-free, grain-free, sugar-free and guilt-free treat!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked black beans drained
- 1 cup pitted Mejdool dates (you can use deglet noor too around 12 of them for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (peanut butter works well too)
- 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao powder.
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Scoop-optional
- 4 tbsps. melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts-optional
- 2 tsp. almond extract or vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
prep time: about 10-15 min.
Blend together all ingredients in your food processor until perfectly smooth!!!
Press in a 2lb loaf tin – non stick or lined with baking parchment and place in the fridge for an hour before slicing in to 36 squares.
Store in the fridge for up to a week in a seal tight container or freezer for up to a month.
I added walnuts and protein powder but these 2 ingredients are totally optional. If I was not putting any protein powder, I would add more cacao powder just because I love chocolate or chocolate/carob chips.