Creamy Garlic Rutabaga Noodles
Have you ever tried Rutabaga or Swede noodles? You must!
You need a spiralizer for it. If not, it is worth getting one just to try this recipe! 🙂
- 4-5 Rutabagas
- 1 small box of brown cremini mushrooms or any mushrooms you prefer.
- 2 zucchinis-courgettes
- 1 red bell pepper-added for color
- 2 red chilli peppers. If you don’t like spicy-omit these.
- 4- cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 lemon grass stalk-optional
- Nutritional yeast -to taste
- 1/2 cup (or more) coconut milk You can use almond milk. I didn’t have any so opted coconut milk.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
Spiralize the rutabaga and set aside.
Heat the oil. Slice open the chilli peppers and let heat go through. Add in ginger and lemongrass. Allow the flavors to release.
While these sizzle, crush the garlic. You can chop it fine, but I prefer it crushed.
Add the mushrooms and garlic. Stir all together for a few minutes.
Add the red bell peppers…mix all. Then add zucchinis. Cook a few minutes.
Add the rutabagas and stir all carefully. Let it all heat through a few more minutes.
Add thyme, oregano, salt to taste and nutritional yeast if you want the cheesier taste.
Add the milk and stir. The rutabaga will soften and be easier to stir in. Cook a few minutes more.
Garnish with some fresh parsley.
Bon Apétit! 🙂