Flourless, Eggless Muffins
At this time of year, it s getting chilly and I start to want some comfort foods! I love to play in the kitchen and I just made these using no flour and no eggs. They are moist & delicious and so easy to make. If you are vegan, you will love these. Full of protein and fiber!
Flourless Choco-Cranberry Muffins make for a great snack or breakfast!
Yields about 18 mini-muffins
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut shredded (optional)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp. golden flax seed mixed in
9 tbsp. of water
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup dried cranberries (you can use fresh or frozen cranberries too)
1/4 cup chocolate chips or carob chips
1. Preheating oven to 325 F (150 C). Oil mini muffin tin with coconut oil
2. In a small bowl mix water and flax seeds and let sit
3. Combine almond flour, shredded coconuts, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
4. Combine honey, flax gel and apple sauce
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
6. Mix in chocolate chips/carob chips
7. Evenly fill each baking cup with batter
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of 1 muffin comes out clean!