Mung Beans Burgers
Mung beans are packed with protein and very nutritious. As a vegan eater, I thrive to eat healthy and get all the proper nutrients in my body. Mung beans are a staple in my cupboard. You can sprout them, cook them and you can make these awesome burgers!
Mung Beans Burgers are not only full of protein, they are gluten free, vegan, and pretty tastilicious! They’re filling and nutritious. In this recipe, I used cabbage and onions. You can make them with shredded carrots, green and or red peppers, broccoli…I change it up depending on what I have available.
- 1 cup dried mung beans- 2 1/2 cups when soaked (1/4 cup hard beans removed)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup rice flour (either white rice or brown rice flour is ok) or wheat flour.
- small onion
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- A tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 scallions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Oil (for cooking)
Ingredients For Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup acv
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Soak mung beans in a few cups of water overnight. They should absorb water and swell up. In the morning, pour off the water.
4. Put the beans in a food processor with a bit of the water and process until smooth.
7. Heat up a bit of oil in a pan. Cook these as patties on a medium/low heat until the bottom is browned. Flip over to cook the other side until browned.