Pumpkin Peanut Butter Truffles
If you like Peanut butter, wait till you try these Pumpkin Peanut Butter Truffles!
Peanut butter with pumpkin spice takes peanut butter on a whole new level!
They are so amazingly delicious and so easy to make! Oh and they melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter*
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4-1 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Splash of vanilla extract
To Make the Pumpkin Peanut Butter Filling:
- Combine peanut butter and 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and stir until well combined. Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup and stir until smooth. Add coconut flour and stir until it firms. It should resemble a stiff cookie dough. If your “dough” is too wet, add more coconut flour. If it’s too dry, add more peanut butter. This recipe is very forgiving. Taste, and add more pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Roll into 1/2 tablespoon-1 tablespoon balls, place on the plate, and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
To Make the Pumpkin Chocolate Coating:
- While your pumpkin peanut butter balls are in the freezer, melt coconut oil in a small bowl, then add cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- After 20 minutes, remove your pumpkin peanut butter balls from the freezer. Re-roll them into smooth balls if desired. Dip balls one-by-one into chocolate coating, being sure that the entire ball is covered.** I used a small dessert fork and it worked perfectly.
- Return chocolate-dipped balls to a parchment paper-lined plate, and place in the freezer to set. Store the truffles in the freezer for an indulgent treat anytime!
*Make sure that you’re using drippy peanut butter. If yours is on the hard side, melt it in the microwave for a few seconds, and allow it to slightly cool before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.